About Me

My photo
Turrets and Spires, Near the sea., United Kingdom
An imperfect mother. An unfaithful wife. A career professional. Waiting to feel the stone thrown at her by the one without sin.

Wednesday 10 February 2010

Words On My Mind

Why do I remember words in my head?
Why are they burnt into my brain?
Why can I see them and never ever rub them out?

Why is it I cannot delete a certain telephone number?
Why is it I can see those text messages...even after years...?
Why can I see the long slim late night secret conversations on the MSN screen?

Why is it I remember the very part of the pavement I was standing on when he said that?
Why is it I remember the music playing when we talked about that?
Why is it I remember his answer to that question?

Why do I remember the four people on the table next to ours?
Why do I remember the marks on skin?
Why do I hear their voices,
Feel their hands,
See their words,
For always?

© Prettyintelligentprincess

No comments:

Post a Comment